FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I need to return my order?
Returns of jewelry accepted within 30 days of sale for a full refund or exchange upon approval. Items must be in their original condition with tags still attached. No returns of loose or rough stones or merchandise marked or sold as close-out or sold as lot. No returns after 30 days.You may return items in their original condition for a refund or credit within 30 days of receiving*. Shipping charges will only be refunded if the return is due to our error. All returns must be accompanied by the packing slip. After a return has been received, it will take 1-2 weeks to process. If using a credit card, refunds will be credited to your account. If paying by check or money order, a refund check will be mailed to you. We suggest using UPS or insured Parcel Post for your protection. Please pack all returns securely and insure the package accordingly.
What if my item breaks or needs repair?
To ensure you receive only the best, all our jewelry is inspected for manufacturing defects upon receipt from our factory and again before the jewelry is shipped to you. Each piece is expertly handcrafted and, very rarely, problems may occur that are due to hidden defects in the jewelry, such as a weak solder joint breaks or a stone falls out of the setting. We will repair any of these defects that result from flaws in the manufacturing process free of charge within one year of the purchase date. This warranty does not apply to breakage of jewelry due to “little accidents” (stepped on, dropped on hard surface floors, chipped stones, damaged stones that have been dipped in jewelry cleaners, etc.).
If your jewelry piece needs repair after the one-year warranty has expired, or due to non-manufacturer defects, we will do our best to repair the item for you. We will charge you only our cost plus the shipping fee. Please contact us if you need repair and would like to get an approximate quote.
Is it safe to use my credit card?
Absolutely. We have taken every precaution to make your transactions secure. Our Internet site is built on the WooCommerce™ system which utilizes industry-standard security measures, including SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Nevertheless, if you prefer, we also offer you the option of submitting your order by telephone or by fax at the numbers here. All account information submitted to us is safely isolated from unauthorized Internet access. Once your order is processed, we will delete all your Credit Card information from our system.
Are Sales Tax applied?
Sales tax will only apply to residents of Arizona, California and New York. All other US states and foreign countries are not subject to sales tax.
Wholesale customers purchasing for resale must fill out and return the Transaction Privilege Tax Exemption Certificate available here…
How can I pay for my order?
We accept the following credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
We also accept PayPal, checks and money orders. Orders paid by check will be processed after the funds have been verified. If you are sending a check you must contact us before sending your payment to ensure the availability of items. Please make checks payable to Starborn Creations and send it to the name and address given on our contact page.
SHIPPING and TRACKING
How quickly does my order ship?
We work diligently to fulfill orders within 2 business days. During busy holiday seasons, extended shipping times may occur.
How much will my shipping charges be?
During the order process, you will be given a drop-down list of available shipping methods from which you can pick the one that suits you. The total cost of goods and the cost of shipping as well as sales tax (if applicable) are clearly displayed.
What is the cheapest way to ship?
Orders over $95 ship for free within the continental USA. We offer real-time rates for USPS, UPS, and FedEx. USPS Priority Mail is almost always the least expensive option. 2 Day and Overnight options are available at a higher cost. Once you enter your shipping address in the cart or checkout page, these options will be displayed. All shipping rates are calculated based on the weight, dimensions, destination address for your order. Please make sure your shipping address is complete and accurate at check out in order to generate accurate shipping quotes.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, Starborn offers international shipping. Real-time options are offered at checkout to help you easily select the best shipping for your order.
How do I track and manage my orders?
There is a “Login” link in the top navigation menu as well as the footer of each page on our website. Here is the direct link: MY ACCOUNT ». After entering your email and password if prompted, you will be redirected to your customer dashboard where you can review, manage, and track your orders. If you forget your password, you can use the “Lost your password” function from the login screen to receive instructions by email to reset your password.
What if you don’t have all items in stock?
If an item you ordered is out of stock, it will be back-ordered automatically. We will E-mail you and inform you about the back-ordered items and confirm the balance of your order with you. You can cancel your order at any time.
How do I know if the item I am looking at is in stock?
If you can see the picture on the website and you can enter a quantity into the cart, the item is available.
Will I receive the exact item as pictured?
Many of our items are one of a kind, meaning that you will receive the exact item pictured in the listing. However, you may see a notation on certain listings that natural variations may make each piece differ slightly. In this case, you will receive a closely similar item to the one pictured and described in the listing.
I am interested in a ring, but I do not see the size I want, can you size the rings?
Unfortunately, we do not currently have an efficient option to offer custom sizing, though many of our rings are adjustable. You may navigate the filters on search to show only a specific ring size, or to include adjustable rings to better help you find the right ring for you.
Are you able to do custom orders?
Yes. Starborn offers custom bulk orders for businesses, artists and other brands. If you are interested in production, please contact us for additional information. *while we do offer production, we are currently unable to offer custom orders for single items.
All Starborn designs are carefully crafted and held to a high-quality standard. Proper care and cleaning of your Starborn jewelry will help to ensure that you can enjoy your designs for years to come.
- Proper storage is important in caring for your jewelry. Keeping each item in a pouch or separate section of your jewelry box will avoid damage caused by pieces rubbing together. Stones and metals are often different levels of hardness and can scratch or dent one another.
- Keeping your jewelry clean by gently removing oils and buffing it with a polishing cloth before storing it will help to ensure your items maintain their shine. To clean jewelry items, mild soap and warm water can be used, along with an extra soft toothbrush to clean crevices. Always rinse your items well with cool water after cleaning, and be sure to dry them, gently, with an all-cotton cloth. Buff with a polishing cloth after cleaning. Remember to replace your cloths periodically as dirt and grit can build over time and scratch or damage your jewelry.
- Avoid ultrasonic and dips. While these methods of cleaning are generally safe for metals, they can damage certain stones as well as cause loosened settings.
- Avoid wearing jewelry while doing chores that include the use of any chemicals or that would risk catching your items or scraping them against something. Chlorine, ammonia, bleach, detergents, hairspray, perfumes and many other chemicals are harmful to jewelry / stones.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry during activities that can lead to lost or damaged stones, such as swimming, playing sports, gardening or showering.
- Certain stones can lose color if left in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
- If you notice a setting or stones in your jewelry have loosened, do not continue to wear the piece until you have had it looked at by a jewelry professional. Starborn often uses rough, uncut or freeform gemstones as well as rare gemstones that can be difficult to replace if lost.
What is your policy on Privacy?
We only use information you provide to maintain your secure profile and provide account and ordering support. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. Period.